TOP > Service&Product > Automatic Vehicle Monitoring System (AVM)
Automatic Vehicle Monitoring System (AVM)
The Automatic Vehicle Monitoring System (AVM) is GPS-based vehicle location
information in real time, showing those information on a map. Further,
it corelates vehicle information with customer-specific information and
streamlines exchange of information between a dispatcher and vehicles.
In Japan, the system is popular among taxi operators, transportation companies
and other clients whose sales depend heavily on the vehicle operating ratio.
- *1 GPS:
- The abbreviation for Global Positioning System. It can determine the present location of an Earth-based object utilizing a satellite.
- *2 CTI:
- The abbreviation for Computer Telephony Integration System. It is used, e.g., to retrieve and display information about a customer based on the number he/she is calling.
Our system realizes features as below;
- Deployable both on IP Radio(*3) over cellular network and dedicated digital
- Displays locations of called customer, most suitable taxi and the time
to dispatch to the customer location.
- GPS function to monitor the present taxi locations at all times.
- List and map views for the status check of each taxi.
- Display and retrieval of detailed information on dispatch, reception history,
- High security owing to dedicated digital network .
- Emergency Alerting Function embedded.
- An Interactive Voice Response (IVR) System as an additional feature. (Optional)
- Pinpoint dispatch using an dispatch app on a smart phone. (Optional)
- *3 IP Radio:
- A Push-to-Talk Two-way Radio designed for VoIP and data communication over
cellular network. As the radio uses a cellular network, it can cover a
wide area. Further, as it does not need a base station facility, introductory
costs can be reduced.
Voice of a Client
Hankyu Taxi Inc.
After the introduction of Seiryo Electric’s Automatic Vehicle Monitoring System, it has become possible for all employees to dispatch taxis within a short period of time. Further, the AVM enables us to manage and monitor taxies of our entire business area , as opposed to previous local-based dispatching with multiple dispatchers, i.e., each dispatch handling a relative small area. As a result, we can now efficiently dispatch about 700 taxis owned by us on a company-wide basis.
Mr. Norikazu Waki
Taxi Dispatch Leader of Hankyu Taxi Inc.